Saturday, May 19, 2018, 12:00 AM - Friday, May 25, 2018, 12:00 AM
The Call is going out for Christian service to our fellow Americans in greater Houston whose homes were flooded during Hurricane Harvey. They have not been forgotten and we are still praying for them.
Many residents are still waiting for help before being able to move back into their homes. Lacking flood insurance and other resources, the need is real and ongoing. Is God calling you to serve?
Volunteers from Knox Presbyterian Church, Elmhurst, Beaufort SC and Castle Rock CO have already indicated their plans to serve on this mission! Here are some of the details:
- 25 Volunteers Maximum can be accommodated on this trip
- May 19 - 25
- Cost: $100 registration fee per person plus round trip airfare (tbd) and shared ground transportation costs (stipends are available on an as-needed basis).
- Room and Board is provided.
- more information on Facebook here
- answers to FAQ here
- Hurricane Harvey information here
Our Mission Partners in Texas:
1) Fuller Center Disaster Rebuilders
2) Clear Lake Presbyterian Church, 1511 El Dorado Blvd. Houston, TX
We will be given Room & Board at Clear Lake Pres in two large rooms and an additional Gathering Area. Showers and bathrooms are nearby. Volunteers 16 and above are eligible with mandatory parental guidance for minors. Bring sleeping bags and/or blankets and linens and towels. There are no laundry facilities on site. Pack work-clothes, casual attire, work-boots, etc. and bring any tools/belts/gloves/safety-glasses etc. for personal use.
The work will be primarily interior. So we’ll be insulating, dry-walling, floors and doors, cabinets and vanities, trimming, painting, etc.
Please contact Elder Mark Lively, Pastor Clint or Pastors’ Assistant Bev Mayer (630-615-4325, ) if you are interested in serving or in learning more about this mission.
“Carry each other’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.”