Wednesday Nights at Knox
Primetime (K-2nd) - Jesus and Me/JAM (3rd - 5th) - Give God Glory/G3 (6th - 8th)
First Semester: September 13 to December 6,except October 25 & November 22)
Second Semester: January 10 to March 21, (except February 14)
Come join us on Wednesdays from 5:00-7:15 pm for our mid-week Christian Education program, a meaningful and fun experience for grades K-8! The kids enjoy getting together for choir, fellowship, recreation, crafts, mission work, and a family style dinner with friends. The programs runs from September through March. We've changed the schedule this year and included some consistency in programming between the 3 groups!
New rotation schedule and activities added all the time.
Highlights for J.A.M.
4th Grade Service - Each spring semester, the fourth grade class leads the congregation in worship. They will complete a 12 week curriculum where they learned about the different elements in a worship service during the fall semester. This is followed by planning, practicing and leading worship with Pastor Clint.
Check-In and Pick-Up*
- All children check in at tables in the Commons.
- Children in Prime Time must be signed out by adults designated by parents. We must be notified in writing if a child is to be picked up by someone who is not their parent/guardian. Parents will pick up in their Bible Study classrooms.
- Please come inside the building to pick up your child at dismissal time.
- Children 3rd grade and older will be dismissed to the Commons from their Bible Study classrooms. Parents should meet them in the Commons.
* Please be prompt when picking up as high school still meets until 7:30 pm and we don't want the children wandering the church and interrupting other programs.
- The Guest fee is $5 per night
- Guests are always welcome!
Parent participation is essential to the success of these programs! We can NOT do it without you!!! (And it's a lot of fun!)
Greeters: 4:55 - 5:15 Greet and check in children and their guests.
Bible Study: 6:30 - 7:15 pm ~ each group needs Bible Study Leaders. You will be given a curriculum with many options to teach the lesson.
Shepherds: Prime Time needs Shepherds who guide their group through all activities, which are led by others. Shepherds encourage participation and good behavior.
Activity Leaders & Helpers: All three programs need people to lead and help with the different activities. Times vary. The activities are:
- Prime Time - recreation, music, mission projects, crafts
- Jam - recreation, music, crafts, woodworking & mission projects
- G3 recreation, music, crafts, guitar, mission projects & service crew
Childcare: Help with childcare. Free childcare is provided for children of adults helping in the program.
Laundry helpers - take home table cloths & towels to wash and return
Volunteer Opportunities to facilitate Dinner: Shoppers (Prior to Wednesday Night): Purchase items needed for that Wednesday night’s dinner. Pick up orders from GFS on Wednesday mornings.
Dinner Prep: 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.: Prepare as much of the meal in advance as possible. Details are posted in the kitchen each week.
Dinner Prep (5:00 - 6:30 p.m. 6 times a semester): Finish preparation of dinner as outlined on the menu and help set tables. Assist with refills, serving dessert, and general dinner clean-up.
Table Parents (6:00 to 6:30): Adults are needed to sit at each dinner table to encourage children to get to know one another as well as share a meal together.
Clean Up Crew (6:00 - 7:15 p.m. 6 times a semester): Stack dishes for the dishwasher, dry dishes and put away. Package leftover food for distribution to local families. General kitchen clean-up.
- Early Bird first semester until August 30 - $65
- Early Bird entire year - best value! - $120.00
- Registration first semester 8/31 - 9/28 - $80.00
- Registration entire year 8/31 - 9/28 - $140.00
- Registration for November & 2nd semester - $95.00
- Registration December - $35.00
- Registration October - December - $60.00
- Registration - October - December & 2nd semester - $120.00
Note: Please do not miss Wednesday Nights because of financial concerns or schedule conflicts. Please speak with Jenny to make arrangements.
Knox Safe Haven Policy
If you will be working with children and youth, it is important for our children, yourself, and our church that you comply with the Knox Safe Haven Policy. For more information on the Knox Safe Haven Policy, please click here.
Contact: Jenny Hubbard 630-615-4318
Jenny is the Directors of Children’s Ministries.