Get Connected ~ Stay Connected
- To Connect with Others
- To Worship and Serve Our Lord
- To Grow Your Faith
- To Have Fun
All of these are reasons for the various Family Events at Knox. Throughout the year, Knox holds a wide range of Family Events: some educational, some for fellowship, some to serve others and some are special worship services for the whole family. We hope that your family can join us!
Our next planned event is:
Kids in the Kitchen – Mission Opportunity
Join us around the table! The kids of Knox, 6 & up, will participate in various mission activities throughout the year to help feed our congregation and the community around them. This mission opportunity began last spring where we made meals for Hesed House and Go N Serve and prepared snack bags for the kids in Sisseton.
Next up –
- Thursday February 7, 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Making casseroles for Congregational Care
- Sign up HERE
Worship, Dinner and A Movie – March 09
Snuggle up in your jammies and join us for Saturdays @ 5 a come as you are worship service. We will sit together as a group during worship. After, we will have some epiphany activities, a pizza dinner and watch “The Star.”
Family Camp 2019
Knox is offering a Family Camp weekend on Sept 20 - 22 at Covenant Harbor, Lake Geneva, WI. We only have 16 rooms so register soon.
The weekend will include many fun activities provided by the camp as well as Bible Study, games, art activities and Sunday morning worship. Downtown Lake Geneva is a 15 minute walk away along the lake shore which also offers many fun opportunities.
If you would like to help us plan group activities for the weekend please contact Jenny!
Room and pricing details:
Room description: each room has a queen bed and a twin bed. All mattresses are Temper-Pedic and very comfortable. Two additional roll-away mattresses can be added for a total of 4 beds per room. Each room has 2 arm chairs that can be taken out if roll-aways are needed. Family maximum occupancy per room is 6 or max of 4 adults. Adults are ages 12 & up.
- Adult Fees: One Adult in room $400.00
- Two adults in room $450.00
- Three adults in room $500.00
- Four adults in room $550.00
- Cost for children 4-11 $30 per child
There are many opportunities for fun and fellowship at Family Camp. Don’t miss out!
Questions – contact Jenny Hubbard or 630.615.4318
Family Fellowship Events:
There are many events at Knox that are for the whole church family.
- Baptism “Birthday” Celebration
- Winter Wonderland Dance
- Easter Egg Potluck Lunch and Egg Hunt
- Trunk or Treat
- Advent Potluck Dinner with Santa
- Movie Nights such as Frozen Sing-a-Long
- Family Picnics or Games at Parish Picnics
- Family Camp
- Education and Worship Events:
- Children are always welcome in all of Knox Worship Services.
- Touch the Water & Taste the Bread
- Family Ash Wednesday Service
- 3rd Grade Bible Presentation and Get to Know Your Bible Event
- Christmas Eve Services:
3pm Children's Service with Blessed Ones
5pm Family Service with Children's Christmas Choir
- Family Seder Meal (every third year)
- Family Service Opportunities:
- Here are a few sponsored opportunities.
- Family Night at Feed My Starving Children
- Pay-It-Forward – Babysitting Fundraiser for Young Adult Mission Trip
- Dakota Partnership - Family Go and Serve 2019
- Kids in the Kitchen - A great way for kids 6 & up to learn cooking skills while prepping and helping to prepare food for others.