Please join the men of Knox throughout the year as we serve God, each other and mankind!
The Men of Knox in Service to Others:
- Families in Transition: ManKIND Men's Ministry has assisted families by providing (and praying over) beds and household necessities, as well as helping families move as they transition from homeless shelters to permanent housing.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans Bedding Partnership: Our men's ministry partners with the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans to provide those veterans in need with a comfortable place to lay their head. Since the inception of our partnership, ManKIND Men's Ministry has also purchased, delivered, and prayed over countless beds and bedding to grateful service men and women throughout Chicagoland.
- Work Days: Knox men regularly conduct work days that include building storage, painting, maintenance, and facility updates. We have assisted the Hesed House and the Transitional Living Center (TLC) in Aurora and the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans, located in Wheaton.
- Mentor Program: Knox has mentorship opportunities including education and skills training.
- Daybreakers Bible Study: Thirty or so men meet bright and early each Thursday morning at 6 am to study God’s word and to discuss and debate highly relevant topics from a man’s perspective.
- There are many additional ways for men of all ages to get connected and involved with ManKIND men’s ministry at Knox. Programs, mission service, educational and fellowship opportunities are available throughout 2019!
16" Softball - Adults vs. Kiddos September 27
2020 Virtual Bed Brigade - Donate by October 17!
Our American military veterans have sacrificed much in service to our country. No matter their years removed from active duty service, our gratitude as a nation should not wane.
We believe that, for those vets who have fallen on difficult financial times, there should not be the added stress of a lack of bedding. For this reason, ManKIND Men’s Ministry has partnered with the Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans to provide veterans in need with a comfortable place to lay their head.
Since 2016 ManKIND Men’s Ministry has purchased, delivered, and prayed over countless beds and bedding to grateful service men and women throughout Chicagoland.
We look to continue this much needed ministry, but we NEED YOUR HELP to replenish our funds to purchase beds, frames and bedding.
Any contribution is helpful, but a donation of $250 funds one complete mattress, frame and all the bedding the vet needs for a good night’s sleep!
How can I contribute?
There are three easy ways to contribute any amount by October 17:
- Online. You may participate by making a bank account or credit card donation to the ministry at knoxpres.org. Simply go through the "Give/Stewardship" button and sign into your Knox Connections account. Find your "My Giving Summary" button ans select "Give Online." Once there select the "Bed Brigade Fund" from the dropdown menu and make your contribution.
By Text. (Starting on September 15) Text number 73256 and then select "Bed Brigade Fund" to donate.
- By Mail. Simply mail a check for any amount to the attention of ManKIND Ministry and make it payable to Knox Presbyterian Church. Add a note in the “For” line to ManKIND Virtual Bed Brigade.
Join your fellow Knox cyclists on group rides held throughout the year! Both men and women cyclists are welcome. Email Jeff Hild for more information.