SHIP is a free counseling service for people with Medicare questions and their caregivers. SHIP is sponsored by the Illinois Department on Aging. This service, offered statewide, is available to people of all ages with questions regarding Medicare.
- SHIP is not affiliated with any insurance company.
- SHIP counselors do not sell or solicit any type of insurance.
- SHIP counselors are trained by the Illinois Department on Aging to:
- Organize and assist in filing Medicare and Medicare supplement claims and appeals;
- Analyze Medicare supplement and long term care insurance policies;
- Educate and assist consumers with questions about Medicare, Medicare supplement, Medicare Advantage plans,long term care insurance, prescription drug coverage and other health insurance plans.
Knox Presbyterian Church is proud to be one of only three locations in the Naperville area to sponsor support for SHIP. Support is available via phone or in person.
You can be connected with our volunteer Ship Counselor, Suzanne Harris, by contacting the Knox Office at: 630-355-8181.